Saturday, June 20, 2009

Aleva Naturals 2 in 1 Hair and Body Wash



Deeeeeee-licious.

This self-foaming liquid smells like tea-tree oil, lavender, orange peel, and other yummy delights. It is both paraben- and pthalate-free (word on the street is that those are the Big Bad Ingredients, to be avoided at all costs). Before I found this product, I was using Burt's Bees body soap and (separate) shampoo bar; I liked them, but the bars were relatively messy and not great for travel. I love that this wash is in one bottle, and even though it was around $10, it has lasted really well (I think the self-foaming feature helps... I'm the kind of person who takes a ton of shampoo so that I get a good lather).

It is made in Canada and some of the ingredients are certified organic (but not all). Purchased, surprisingly enough, at my local Walmart. It was hidden on a high shelf above the Johnson & Johnson's empire. It also came with a little bonus tube of their Breathe Easy cream, which can be applied around the nose to help clear congestion in infants and children (I use it myself... love it). Company website here.

3 comments:

  1. I want to try the Breath Easy Cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this info! Good to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was using the Dove shampoo/bodywash and my newborn seemed to be getting some sticky yellow residue on his forehead and scalp in some places. I don't think it came from the Dove shampoo, but the Dove shampoo wasn't helping any. Once I started using the Aleva shampoo, it went away very quickly. His hair also became quite fluffy after I used the Aleva. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete